Saturday 13 June 2015

Baby A's travels: The Library of Birmingham



This wasn't the first time that Baby A has visited a library, but it was his first visit to the fantastic Library of Birmingham.
We attended the Shake Rattle and Rhyme session on Thursday morning. I was unaware that the session takes place weekly during term time. I just happened to be browsing the website last week whilst I was planning a visit. So we went along on Thursday to have a sing-song, it was a busy session and then there's a stay and play until 1pm. We got a little goody bag of nursery rhymes and stickers to take home with us, but left well before 1pm. I wanted to take my boy to the secret garden, I absolutely love it up there and as it was a hot sunny day it was the perfect opportunity to soak up some rays.

I would recommend attending the singing session at 11.30am, I would have liked to stay for the stay and play afterward too but it was too crowded, and some parents are quite inconsiderate, they aren't very mindful whilst walking around and almost trample over smaller children playing on the floor. Other than that, I'd give it a go just make sure you get there a little earlier to ensure you get a good seat!


No comments:

Post a Comment