Monday 22 June 2015

I'm The Mum Who....

Thank you to firstooth for nominating me to write a post titled 'I am the Mum who...'
So here it is, dedicated to my little boy who in the space of 10 months has turned the least maternal person into the most devoting mum.

I am the mum who:

  • Said I wouldn't spoil you, and then I took you to Toni and Guy for your haircut when you were just a few months old.
  • Wasn't prepared for motherhood in the slightest, and now I can't imagine my life before I became a mum. 
  • Cooks all your meals from scratch because I don't want to feed your jars 
  • Cried with you when you had colic and were teething 
  • Speaks to you when we are out, and people think I'm talking to myself, oops. 
  • Is battling this separation anxiety so that we are both ok when I go back to work
  • Has become a rubbish wife/sister/daughter/Aunty because I want to be the best mother
  • Misses having a spotless house 
  • Wondered what I did with all my time before you came along...?
  • Forget to eat because I have 101 things to do that are more important 
  • Is still baffled as to how a tiny being can impact our lives so much. You can't even speak yet, how do you influence my daily activities you little gremlin! 
  • Hope you fulfill your wildest dreams, and even some of mine that I probably won't get around to fulfilling! (No pressure) 
  • Finally understands what unconditional love is.

Most importantly, I'm the mum who now appreciates what my parents went through whilst bringing up me and my siblings. I now understand that when my rents say that parents only want what's best for their children, they actually mean it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment